This is the privacy notice of Motive Travel. In this document, “we”, “our” or “us” refers to Motive Travel, registered in Australia with ABN 78009411036, and its related businesses including Visit Western Australia Online, Motive Tours Australia and Motive Travel Sports and Events and corresponding websites.
This is a notice to inform you of our policy about all information that we record about you. It covers both information that could and could not identify you and information.
This policy has been developed in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles.
We are extremely concerned to protect your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all users of our website are quite rightly concerned to know that their data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party. Our policy is both specific and strict. It complies with Australian law. If you think our policy falls short of your expectations or that we are failing to abide by our policy, please contact us and let us know so we can improve our service to our customers.
We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave our website immediately.
1. Collection of personal information
We will only collect personal information where such information is reasonably necessary for us to undertake our functions and activities.
Generally, we collect personal information when you enquire or make a booking with us. We may also collect personal information when you email us, write to us, call us or register with us for newsletters or connect via social media with us. They type of personal information we may collect includes but is not limited to name, address, telephone number, email, credit card details, passport information, frequent flyer information and any other details that may be relevant to the service we provide to you.
In certain circumstances, we may collect sensitive information about you. We will only collect sensitive information with your consent and where it is reasonably necessary or directly related to the provision of our services. Examples are allergies, disabilities that require special travel arrangements or in the event of an accident.
Note on using our internet sites concerning ‘Cookies’
We use “Cookies”. A “cookie” is a packet of information that allows the server (the computer that houses our website) to identify and interact more effectively with your computer. Our website may also store cookies on your web browser in order to improve service for you on your subsequent visits to the website.
Our website also records other information which is used to improve the structure and performance of the site and to provide users with an improved service. Information collected for this purpose may include, overall usage statistics and information downloaded. However, we do not correlate this information with data about individual users.
1A. Like all other users of cookies, we may request the return of information from your computer when your browser requests a web page from our server. Cookies enable our web server to identify you to us, and to track your actions and the pages you visit while you use our website. The cookies we use may last for a single visit to our site (they are deleted from your computer when you close your browser), or may remain on your computer until you delete them or until a defined period of time has passed.
1A.1 to allow essential parts of our web site to operate for you;
1A.2 to operate our content management system;
1A.3 to operate the online notification form – the form that you use to contact us for any reason. This cookie is set on your arrival at our web site and deleted when you close your browser;
1A.4 to enhance security on our contact form. It is set for use only through the contact form. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser;
1A.5 to collect information about how visits use our site. We use the information to improve your experience of our site and enable us to increase sales. This cookie collects information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited;
1A.6 to store your personal information so that you do not have to provide it afresh when you visit the site next time. This cookie will last for  days.
2. We may use your information in the following ways:
- To provide our services to you. We act as an agent to provide you travel arrangements or to provide goods and services to you. The personal information we collect is used to consider your request and complete it. We use your personal information when you have emailed, phoned, faxed or written to us, to provide you with a response to that enquiry or request. We may respond to you by email, phone, fax or mail when we interact with you for these purposes.
- To send you payment and invoicing information. We use your personal information for the purposes of finalising your payment/s to us and to allow us to send invoice/receipt. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail when we interact with you for these purposes.
- For Marketing to you. We may use your information to contact you regarding special offers or services that may be of interest to you. If you wish to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us you may do so by contacting us on the contact details in clause 8 or for emails, by using the unsubscribe facility.
- For verifying your identity for security purposes. Information which does not identify any individual may be used in a general way by us or third parties, to provide class information, for example relating to demographics or usage of a particular page or service.
3. Disclosure of your Personal Information
You agree that we may disclose your personal information to related or unrelated third parties in the following manner:
- To third party suppliers of product or services you have requested. Also, when we obtain information from you specifically to enable you to buy a service offered on our web site by some other person, we assume that in giving us your information, you are also giving us permission to pass it on to the relevant person. For the purpose of providing our services to you, your personal information will be supplied to complete your travel arrangements and will be disclosed to suppliers such airlines, tour operators, car hire operators, hotels and insurance providers. These third parties may be located overseas.
- Where required by law, court or tribunal. Where we are required by a law, court or tribunal to provide your personal information, we will provide your personal information in accordance with the requirements or conditions stipulated by the law, court or tribunal.
- With your consent. Where we have your consent we may disclose your personal information. If your consent is conditional, we will take reasonable steps to ensure such conditions are complied with.
- We do not sell, rent or share our membership/participant lists on a commercial basis to third parties.
4. Information Quality
We will review, on a regular and ongoing basis, our collection and storage practices to make improvements to accuracy and security of your personal information.
5. Access to and alteration of records containing Personal Information.
You may access your personal information that we may be holding in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988.
We will correct our records that contain your personal information as soon as practically possible, at your request in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988.
We do not charge a fee for processing a request to access your personal information or amend your personal information.
If you would like access to your personal information or like to have your personal information corrected, you can do so by contacting us. Further information on contacting us is located in clause 8 of this Policy.
6. Transferring personal information overseas
We will disclose your personal information to third party suppliers you have requested who may be located overseas. The disclosure of such information is necessary to complete any bookings or make reservations. We have no control over what any third party suppliers may do with your information. If you provide information to us with a view to it being read, copied, downloaded, or used by other people, we accept no responsibility for what that third party may do with it. It is up to you to satisfy yourself about the privacy level of every person who might see your information, If it is available to all the World, neither we nor you have no control whatever as to how it is used.
By using our service or our website, you signify your assent to this Policy.
From time to time we may change our privacy practices. Where changes have been made to this policy we will publish those changes on our website. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add or remove portions of this Policy at any time.
Please check this statement periodically for changes. Your continued use of our websites and services following the posting of changes to this Policy will mean you accept those changes.
8. Contact us if you have any questions, complaints or require a copy of information we hold about you.
When we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us. We use that information to resolve your complaint. If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact some other person, we may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint. We do this as infrequently as possible, but it is a matter for our sole discretion as to whether we do give information, and if we do, what that information is.
If you have any questions or would like to lodge a complaint about this Policy or an alleged breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, or you would like to request copies of the information we hold about you, please either call us, email or write to us. Our contact information is listed below.
Phone +61 8 9322 2666
Facsimile +61 8 9322 1417
Email [email protected]
Address – Suite 1, 72 Canning Highway, Victoria Park 6100, Western Australia
You can also obtain further information at the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner http://www.oaic.gov.au/.
This Policy was last updated on the 23rd of January, 2020.